8.06.2007

Eye of the Beholder

I've been pretty busy lately, working on glass in preparation for a local Arts & Culture article I will be in soon (which will hopefully direct some traffic my way!) I also have a few shows I need to prepare for coming up in September and October.

I went from having to be away from glass, due to other circumstances, to having to get really busy with and quickly! My gears switched so quickly - I'm still reeling.

This piece didn't even have time to be part of my big push this coming Thursday, before a friend fell in love with it. I had set it aside 4 months ago because while I loved the design, I wasn't too hip on the color combination. Then when they came to take some photos of me working, I pulled it out because I could do some soldering on the backside. I decided just to finish it and from lots of peer pressure, and the need to get pieces done - I figured I'd go ahead and sell it.

My family and friends kept saying how much they liked it and thought I was just being too fussy about it. But, it turns out I didn't need to worry about it. The opposite happened! Another friend really liked it, and agreed to letting me put it up in my shop (adding to the gallery!) til she was ready for it. So, YAY Sharlene!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment